Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Morgan and Kim's Wedding

It's been nearly a month since the wedding, and long past time to share Morgan and Kim's special day.

It's an odd thing. I hadn't really realized just how emotional the day would be for me. After all, I was the mother of the groom, and so, not nearly as involved as a mother of the bride. I did get to be more involved than I expected mind you, Kim and her mom Liz were very sweet and gave me lots of opportunities to help out.

And then Morgan walked me to my seat, down the isle of the church.

My baby was getting married! (okay, he's not really my baby, Jesse is, but, that's what it felt like!) It's a good thing I had stuffed half a box of Kleenex in my purse . . .

It was a truly beautiful day. The minister had a wonderful message and the reception was so lovely. The Old Timer's cabin was cozy but spacious with the caterers serving up the best food I've had in a very long time.

This post is very photo heavy (all of them taken as a mom rather than a photographer. ;D) but before I share them, I wanted to leave you with my mom of the groom speech. It kind of sums up how I felt about the whole day . . .

'For the past several years I've prayed for each of my kids, and for the future spouse the Lord might send their way.
I've prayed that each of them would find someone who would love and cherish them, and whom they could love and cherish in return.
I've prayed that they would find a partner who would encourage them to be all the Lord had meant them to be, and whom they could encouraging in the same way.
I've prayed they would find someone who loved the Lord.
I've seen these prayers answered for Morgan as his relationship with Kim has grown and matured over the last year and I feel so blessed to have Kim as a daughter.
I'm beyond proud of the wonderful young man Morgan has become.
God bless you both as you begin you married life together.'


Morgan doesn't do his hair . . . ever. We had to bring in his hairdresser to do it for him. Good thing she's a friend . . . and lives down the street.











How handsome is my husband! 















Even my mother in law took a turn on the dance floor!






My dear friend Nicole and her husband Lorne, who've known Morgan since before he was born!





And a good time was had by all . . .


post signature

1 comments:

Rosa said...

such a lovely day. . .

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey