Friday, November 1, 2013

A Fall Moss Wreath

After my sale and classes at the Pics' Ladies Aid, 'Ladies Night Out', I was left with nearly half a bag of live moss.

I didn't want to waste it, but gardening season was over and Christmas was still a ways away.

What to do, what to do???

While we were at the wholesale florist getting the moss, Holly and I also happened to see wire wreath forms for an amazing price and grabbed a few.If we had a little extra time before the sale we would make a couple wreaths to sell.

As usual, I barely had enough time to get the needed  stuff done and no wreaths were made.

Hmmmm. . .

Moss, wreath form . . . what else did I have on hand?

There were feathers left from the terrarium class, acorns from my walk with Jada, pretty little pine cones from my visit with Audrey and, some of my rose bushes had  developed the most glorious orange rose hips . . .

A fall wreath! I had never made a wreath for fall but I was eager to try it out.

Here's the result:

Autumn moss wreath

Fall moss wreath

Autumn moss wreath

fall moss wreath

Autumn moss wreath

moss wreath front door

I love how it turned out!

Do you ever decorate with wreaths?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey