Wednesday, October 2, 2013

We do Nothing in our Own strength . . .


It's exciting, crazy times here as Holly and I get ready for this Friday's Ladies Night Out.

We are teaching two classes, Terrariums and Clay Tags, as well as having a table filled with concrete leaves, terrariums and an assortment of other items we've been working on for all the ladies to peruse.





I am blessed with a husband who just wants me to do what makes me happy. (with the occasional load of laundry!)

However, if I only did what makes me happy, which is to create beautiful things, our tiny house would be filled to bursting in no time. This gives me a reason to create beautiful things for others to enjoy and if I was able to just give these things away, it would make for a simple and rather laid back life.

Since we aren't independently wealthy, I have to find another way to do things.

That's how my gardening business Growing Wisdom and now Whimsey Design's vintage and garden inspired goods came into being. If I can earn money sharing my garden knowledge and pretty handmade things I can dream and create everyday without resorting to mac and cheese for supper every night. 

Running a business requires a pretty extensive set of skills, several of which do not come naturally! Organization and consistent bookkeeping being at the top of the list.

Stuff like that can keep me up at night as I wander around online or hit the library searching for the knowledge I lack. I have become acutely aware of my strengths and weaknesses.

 Every so often the enormity of what I'm trying to do causes me to break out in a cold sweat . . .

How thankful I am that I'm not doing this in my own strength . . .


Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (NIV)

And then there's my family . . .

They cheerfully pitch in and help out with whatever mad scheme I've got going. Most of the time.
Frequently Once in a blue moon they'll roll their eyes, sigh, turn off my computer and lead me to bed, reminding me that tomorrow's another day.

Every once in a while I'll listen to them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey