Thursday, May 23, 2013

Dental Disaster! or . . . Grumpy, Grumpy, Grumpy . . .

While eating a fried egg sandwich late last night, disaster hit.



I lost a front tooth!!!

Arghhhhh . . . 

The upside is that I have dentures on top so the tooth can be glued back in and I will not have to spend an inordinate amount of time in the dentist chair. Thankfully, this also means I will not have to spend an exorbitant amount of money to fix it either.

The downside is . . . they have to take my denture for a good part of the day as it has to be sent to the denture clinic!

That leaves me toothless!

Yikes! I am never. ever. without my teeth. I won't even leave them in a glass with bubbly cleaner overnight.

Shudder.

Of course these things always happen when you have better things to do than hang around the house without your top teeth.

There is only one thing I can do.

The plant sale will be closed tomorrow while I hide in my bedroom with a couple of good books, a tin of oatmeal cookies and a carafe of tea.

I will be open for one final day on Saturday and I have something special planned for the last day of the sale.

Stay tuned . . .

6 comments:

RebeccaV said...

I know your pain! Have fun having a day to yourself.

momofcrt said...

haha, wanna have some steak for lunch? :-) glad it's not too serious or too expensive to fix.
What's the surprise? Do I need to come by again?

Nancy-Mom said...

Not fun, that's something I always worry about happening to me. Needing a new set soon.

Tamara Jansen said...

You are so hilarious! Hope you had a great day off!

ValL said...

Oh Rosa, after the chat we had I thought dentures were the way to go. Now I'm not so sure.....LOL! hope your back to eating soon:)

Simply and Joyfully said...

Love where you took your picture....like you are sprouting wings lol....are you standing in front of a stuffed moose head? Hope you won't have to be toothless for too long!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey