Friday, July 13, 2012

Beating The Heat. . . part 2

We were all starting to wilt in the heat and there was no end in site.

What to do. . . what to do. . .

The big problem was the humidity.
We're  just not used to humidity here in Alberta and it was making it impossible to cool the house off at night.
No one was sleeping.

Crankiness became rampant. ( at least. . . I was rampantly cranky. . .)
A solution had to be found and it had to be found quickly. . . for everyone's sake.

I was a woman on the edge.

The fan was going 24/7, following me from room to room.

What to do. . . what to do. . .

I went shopping.

I managed to find what was likely the last pool in the city and with a little reorganizing, I made room for that lovely pool.


I had to fence it in as I was fairly sure Jada would enjoy it even more than the rest of us. . .

But she has sharp nails. . .


Morgan was the first one to come home.
He was thrilled.

Until he stepped in the water.

"It's cccoooold!!"
" Can I add some hot water?"


"Sure!"

5 buckets later he gave it a try.

It took him 20 minutes to inch his way into that pool.

He toughed it out for 5.

Just long enough to feel as though all the work had been worth it.

The temperature dropped today, as did the humidity.

But the pool will be waiting.

This is Alberta after all. . .

Wait five minutes and the weather will change.


1 comments:

Evelyn in Canada said...

Well, we're going to have to test it out and see if we can do a bit better than Morgan.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey