Sunday, April 8, 2012

Stopped In My Tracks!

It's been creeping up on me over the past few weeks, quietly stealing a little more energy everyday.

You'd think I would recognize it by now. . . after all, it's been hanging around since I was in my thirties and grows more obnoxious every year.

Some how though, year after year, spring after spring, I'm taken by surprise when the snow melts and the wind begins to blow. . . and I start to cough.
And cough.
And cough and cough and cough.

Allergy season.

Spring's the worst, although windy fall days. . . stink too. . .

My allergies trigger my asthma, which triggers the coughing.

Not a lot of wheezing, just. . . coughing. . .and coughing.

This past week or so has been particularly bad as every time I'd get up to go to another room I'd start to cough. . . . and I couldn't stop. . .

I piled on the medication (prescription) and slowed right down.

I feel incredibly stupid that something like an allergy can confine me to my chair.

I mean. . . seriously . . . an allergy???


The thing is, in my mind, I am that big, sturdy, dutch woman my friend Ev's mom thought I was. . . before she met me. (She read my blog)

So it always throws me when I am forcibly reminded of my limits.
Of the fact that there's probably good reason why my prayers and pleas for a farm have been answered with a rather unmistakable no.

I like to think big. . . a trait that seems to run in my family. . .
The thing I'm slowly starting to learn, is that big doesn't necessarily mean better, or even that only big, sturdy, capable, (dutch) women are valuable.
If all I can do in a day is hang out in my chair reading a book and enjoying the company of my husband and kids. . . well then that was a good day.

And I was valuable.

I am valuable.



Luke 12:6-7

New International Version (NIV)
6 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.


This Easter weekend we are ALL reminded of God's great love for us. . .

John 3:16

New International Version (NIV)
 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

What more could I ask for?


Happy Easter.

2 comments:

Nancy-Mom said...

Okay, I posted a loooong comment and did the words and now it's not there ??? You better have a chat with blogger :o) Hope your allergies are over soon. I had that years ago as well, all coughing, no sneezing. We must be related :O)

Rosa said...

You did what words?
You should be able to just post your comment. :(

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey