Thursday, March 8, 2012

Still Sick

Spent the day in pajamas, reading, sleeping , drinking ginger ale and eating crackers.
Thought I would give chicken noodle soup a try.
Blech! Campbell's chicken noodle soup does not taste the way it used to!
To be fair, I haven't eaten Campbell's for years. . . maybe my taste buds have changed?
Now I'm off to bed.
Being sick stinks.
Being retired doesn't. . . What a blessing it is not to have to drag myself out of bed tomorrow morning at 5:30!
A rather nice silver lining. . . 

3 comments:

Chandra said...

Get better soon!

Nancy-Mom said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, sick is definitely not fun :o( Nothing wrong with having a pj day now and again :o) you just hope the minister doesn't drop in on you that day !!

Rosa said...

That did happen to us once!
When we were first married we lived in a tiny townhouse whose front door opened straight to the stairway that went up to our bedrooms. There was a small living room on one side and a kitchen on the other.
One evening Henry and I were hanging out in the living room when the doorbell rang. I went to answer it and there was Rev Van Beveren!
He had dropped by to visit us as we were new in the congregation.
I was horrified!
I was in my pj's but Henry was only in his underwear!!!
The only way to get to our bedroom was to go right in front of the minister!
I sent him away without telling him why and he never came back!
It was all so mortifying!
Well to me it was. Henry thought it was hilarious!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey