Monday, November 28, 2011

Because I Told Lisa I Was Blogging Today

When Henry and I first decided that it was time for me to retire from bus driving, I imagined long leisurely days, baking, reading, trying out new recipes and quiet rambles with Jada.
What I actually ended up with was life in the fast lane.
I have a ton of blog posts backed up in my brain and hardly a minute to put pen to paper ( figuratively speaking of course!)
My sister Lisa phoned to chat for a bit this morning and asked what I was going to do today.
Blog of course.
However, after we said goodbye I checked my e-mail and discovered that my favorite online print company has an amazing  one day offer which meant I will be spending several hours designing an assortment of items they are offering for free. On top of that, if I spend $40 shipping is free as well. So I have spent a good while designing a gardening calender using my own photos. They usually cost $20 each but they are offering them for only $4.

These are the pictures I plan to use on my calenders

That will make either great Christmas gifts or useful giveaways when I. . . .

Oh wait! I haven't posted about what I've been up to yet! That will just have to wait!

In the meantime I thought I would let you see what Morgan thought would be appropriate to write on my inspiration board after he complained that my Teddy Roosevelt quote was way too long. . .


The odd thing is that most of this is true. . .
Aside from the crack about me eating turtles of course. . .I don't know where he got that from!
 Oma had a good laugh about this one!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! I love it! Good mental picture of mom and Santa! thanks for the blog, I will confess I did check a few times todya in between clients ;p Lisa

Evelyn in Canada said...

Very, um, inspirational. ?

I spent probably the same amount of time of Vistaprint as well today, designing a calendar! And an assortment of other things.

Tamara Jansen said...

Ditto what Lisa said.....mom and Santa.....unfortunate mental picture :)

Love ya anyways mom!

Nancy-Mom said...

Yep, thanks for the blog from me as well. Mental picture of my sis and santa ????, not going there :o) love ya sis !!

Chandra said...

I think I would really enjoy meeting Morgan...between this and his comment about the pajama pants, I had had a great chuckle this morning. Thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey