Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Didn't Want To Get On The Plane!

(Sorry Tam. The first day and I've already messed up, so I'm doing Tuesday instead. . .)
Henry and I got home from B.C. yesterday afternoon.
It rained while we were in B.C. (it always does) but a good part of the time I didn't even need a coat!
In January!!
It was -22C when the plane landed in Edmonton.
This is what greeted us as we pulled into the driveway. . .


Except  the driveway was  full of snow, as was the sidewalk, so we all spent a good bit of time shovelling last night. I'm shorter than the guys so I had a really hard time throwing the snow up high enough and it kept sliding back down the hill.
My friend Marlene phoned me this morning to tell me the roof on her commercial hoop house collapsed this week end so she won't be selling plants this spring. (I'm so sorry Marlene!)
I immediately went out to check on my greenhouse.
Good grief , there was a ton of  heavy snow on the roof!
I tried to convince Henry to take care of it when he came home for lunch, but he told me it would have to wait until later.
As I was worried that later would be too late, I jumped into my snow boots and headed out armed with a broom and a shovel.
Thankfully Jesse came out to help because some of it was just beyond me. . .


The snow behind the greenhouse has gotten so deep, the one wall is buried up to the start of the roof!
Jesse dug that away as best he could and I`ve got my fingers crossed that my greenhouse won`t be flooded too badly when things start to melt.
Sigh. . .
Winter in Alberta. . .
Some times it's hard.
Jada likes it though. . .

2 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

Oh, you poor people!!! Collapsing greenhouse roofs are so awful. As soon as it starts snowing here we CRANK UP the heat in the greenhouse and hope the snow doesn't accumulate too fast for us to melt!

momofcrt said...

yup I think most people around here have scraped roofs of houses and barns, there is a ton of snow!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey