Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dear Lisa. . .

Dear Lisa,
Do you remember when, not so long ago, you came for a visit?

Do you remember how astonished and amazed you were when you went down the stairs and kept exclaiming that you had never, ever seen it as clean as that?

Which was true because it had never been that clean!

Even the laundry room was immaculate.

Please tell me that you remember how lovely it was. . .

Because that's all it is now. . .

A distant memory . . .



Jesse is painting his room and put everything in the hallway, someone put clothes out to bring to Goodwill and the laundry room, well. . .


Sigh.

I think that the day you were over is probably the last time it will ever look that clean.

Ah well, on the bright side, my plant shelves are filled to bursting which means spring is here and soon I'll have an excellent excuse, I mean reason, for not having a clean house. . .

Gardening season!

Whoo Hoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rosa..I just meant that I had never seen the hallway without all the boxes of flooring that was to be used in the ?? lol, I promise I will keep your memories alive forever!! I always love visiting your house...can you come over to play today? love you, Lisa

Tamara Jansen said...

What would we do without memories, ladies?! Now here's a question I have for you Rosa.....why didn't you BLOG about the clean hallway? That way you'd have a pictorial memory you could look back on :) That's why I blog. I can't remember a thing so I gotta write it all down!

Evelyn in Canada said...

I just leave mine in a mess so that I'm not always living in a state of disappointment. Try that!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey