Monday, January 4, 2010

A Peaceful Day



I had a peaceful day today.

It was only-15C this morning which made the first day back on the bus fairly easy.

I got home, started my bread dough and took Jada for a walk through the park.

I also spent a rather long time on the phone with a woman offering space to grow as large a garden as I wanted at no charge and for as long as I would like. She and her family are moving to a large (110 acres) acreage and want to offer garden space to anyone who hasn't got enough space of their own. Unfortunately she's about an hour out of town making it rather difficult for that to work.

A good garden needs plenty of attention.

I'll have to keep searching for a solution to my lack of space. . .


I spent part of the afternoon making a wheat bag for Holly who wasn't feeling well today and found the warmth of it comforting.

I had made one for mom at Christmas, although her bag was longer and sewn down the middle as she likes it to warm her feet.


While making hers, I spilt a whole lot of wheat on the ground so I spent a fair bit time today sifting out dog hair, crumbs and bits candy from it so I could use it in Holly's bag.

I like how this one turned out although if I had had more wheat I would have filled it fuller.


I peeled potatoes to make potato soup for supper to go along with my brown bread, read a good book while drinking a cup of tea and headed back to school.

All in all, a lovely winter day. . .

5 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

I want a wheat bag too!!! I bought one at a spa store but someone obsconded with it......

Rosemary said...

What a nice day! Heard of using barley in these type of bags but now wheat .Makes sense to use almost any grain.

Evelyn in Canada said...

If you want more wheat, take a short walk to my place. I was gifted with 60 lbs of wheat over Christmas! That's going to take a lot of bread and grinding to get through.

Nancy-Mom said...

Isn't it nice to have some peace after all that busyness?

Heather said...

Wow, it's fun to find some like minded people on the interweb who are from Alberta no less! Love your blog. I live in southern Alberta.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey