Saturday, January 17, 2009

Respite


After six weeks or frigid temperatures we have been blessed with a short respite.
The last few days have seen the temperatures climb above freezing.
Today was especially lovely as the sun shone and the thermometer hovered around 9C.
I've spent the day puttering around the house and stopping often to just sit in my sunny living room and drink in the peace and warmth of the day while I admired the beautiful pink gerbera daisies I bought to decorate for my seed party last night.
Of course part of the reason that it was so peaceful had to do with the fact that Henry and Morgan went ice fishing with Russ out at his cabin, taking Jada with them.
Since nothing wakes Jesse up before early afternoon and he then had to go to work, I spent the day on my own.
Bliss.
I read, tidied after last night's party, did some laundry, bought a new purse to replace my broken one, bought a few packages of perennial seeds and picked up fresh bread and a lemon meringue pie. (I don't bake pie.)
All in all a wonderful day.
And yesterday was Henry's 49Th birthday.
Happy birthday honey. . .

5 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

I'm glad you had such a relaxing day! Soon it will be Spring :)

Brenda Pruitt said...

That is what a woman deserves. Peace and quiet. Too bad it's too cold to garden in your moments of solitude. But soon now, and counting!
Brenda

Evelyn in Canada said...

Soon we can start our indoor seeds, if that's what you mean. It does count, but it's not at all like seeing things sprout in the warm sun outdoors. We've got many months to go before that.

However, the seed party was great to start thinking about gardening again and pick up on some tips for veggie gardeners who know what they are doing. Thanks for hosting!

Carla said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby, peace and quiet is lovely sometimes isn't it? How was your seed party???

Anonymous said...

I've had one of these types of days today. First day home after the busy, busy week with the grands. Whew! I needed this rest and quiet.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey