Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More Fall Fun

I decided yesterday, the windiest day we've had in ages, to decorate the front stairs for fall.




I have been gathering things for a couple of weeks now and brought everything up to the kitchen.



I like to buy things after the season is over and last year I picked up some new fall decor very cheaply.


These baby gourds were grown in my trial vegetable garden. ( I've come to realize that, as much as I like the idea of vegetable gardening, the reality is I am not a vegetable gardener!)



Once I had gathered things together I started putting them out on the front steps.


Buying white pumpkins this year was fun and it had many ladies asking me what I was going to do with those odd looking pumpkins? Did they make good pie?
I wouldn't really know as I don't actually like pumpkin pie!
The dried cornstalks came from my veggie garden. (I harvested about 10 tiny corncobs from them .) The tall, dried, starbursty things are dried allium stalks that were the the front garden earlier in the year. I put them all in a vase when they had finished flowering and dried them out in the garden shed.

Jesse made me this little wishing well in Home Ec which he took in grade 8. It usually hangs out in the back yard but I decided to let it share in the fall fun.


I rather like how things turned out. For a modest sum I've brightened up the front entry and, next week the kids will carve/decorate the pumpkins for Halloween.

5 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

This looks great, Rosa! Love that Home Ec project too....tell Jesse he did a great job :)

The Big Guy wants to know what color is on the inside of a white pumpkin....

Brenda Pruitt said...

Looks very nice, Rosa. And as much as I'd like to say I grow my own veggies, I don't. And the main reason I don't is because I don't want to go out and pull up some carrots or lettuce and see that I've dipped my hand in pet poop!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

As I drove past today, I was going to ask you to share some pictures. It looks great! I'm sometimes glad that my doorstep isn't very visible from the street so I can take advantage of my laziness and do nothing to dress it up.

- Ev

momofcrt said...

Looks very nice Rosa, good job.

Nancy-Mom said...

You're so talented, it's beautiful!!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey