Thursday, September 11, 2008

Serendipity


Remember these?

You remember don't you?

Tamara (http://thegreenhousediaries.blogspot.com/) and the Big Guy were out for a seminar and left behind all the baby plants they used as props for their educational game.

I planted them up and babied them until late spring.


Two of these little guys along with some baby ivy were planted in a rusty metal planter, put under the apple tree and for the most part forgotten.

Oh, I watered them once in a while and picked the odd weed that sprouted, but mostly they went unnoticed.

Until a few weeks ago.

When I saw this. . .


Isn't it pretty?

And the orangey colour fits right in with the fall nesting theme.

I love unexpected gifts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, I wish I could ignore a plant and turn around and find it that lovely! You must have a green thumb even when you're not thinking about it, Rosa!
Brenda

Carla said...

OOOOOOO

Tamara Jansen said...

Hey, that's a solenia begonia! Looks fabulous man.

CurtissAnn said...

Isn't it wonderful how plants don't need us so much, and still give beautiful gifts?! Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey