Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm home!

We got home Monday evening.
I didn't sleep all that well and then. . .
I had it!
That stupid nightmare I've had at the end of every summer since I started bus driving.
The one I didn't have this year.
I dreamt I was late picking kids up. Over a half hour late. But I was blase'(?) about the whole thing. Until I got lost. Very, very lost. At which point I found myself in some stranger's house with Jesse and we were sneaking around in the dark. Now I was five hours late picking up the kids.
And this time it wasn't a dream!
Until I woke up in a cold sweat at 5:30 Tuesday morning.
Ughh! What a way to start the day.
My mom came over that day and made and canned 12 quarts of apple sauce from my apple tree. She had already made 24 small jars (12 she kept) while Henry and I were gone.
Meanwhile I cleaned like mad and baked bread, buns and cinnamon buns in my new oven. Which works like a dream by the way!
Today I have still been cleaning and rearranging my living room, plus I tried out a new stir fry recipe.
I've got to tell you I may have be 'cleaning' for the last 2 days but there is 'stuff' everywhere!
Oh well, there's always tomorrow.
I've got a lot to tell you and we had a great time, but, for now, I'm off to bed.
Hopefully tonight will be dream free!

3 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

Sorry about the nightmare! I'm sure it's my fault for keeping you soooo busy while you were here. Can't wait to see your blog about your time here :)

Nola said...

You are a busy lady; I thought you'd still be resting after the wedding. You and your sister are so talented! I hope the two of you convinced your other sister to start a blog!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Hope you guys had a wonderful time. You are one creative woman. Cooking as you do. Love to be a guest when you're baking up all that yummy stuff that I'm sure permeates throughout your house!
Brenda

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey