Monday, August 25, 2008

An old To Do list.


You're probably all getting sick of hearing how busy I've been.

I know I am!

There is one week left before school (and bus driving) begin.

I woke up this morning, my mind in a whirl, wondering how in the world I was going to get it all done.

Then it occurred to me.

What exactly did I need to get done?

How much had I accomplished already?

I took out my trusty notebook and looked up the last To Do list.

As I went through it and crossed many of the items off, it occurred to me that the time had come to leave the list alone for a while.

I can get a little type A sometimes and the more I do, the worse I get!

So. . .

Although most of me is vibrating with the need to keep working on the list, adding to the list and/or making a whole new list, I am making a conscious effort to let it go.

I'm sure I'll slip ( I'm still list making in my head!) but, it's time to rest and recharge.

On that note I'm off to bake ( Jenny, I decided to go back to the source for the cinnamon bread recipe, and thankful, my MIL still had it. Hope to post it soon!!) , I'll do a little laundry and putter with a delicious dinner of roast beef , new potatoes, fresh corn and homemade applesauce.

After dinner?

The hammock, my book and I have an appointment.

The beautiful hanging basket?

Not mine. My poor garden has suffered due my 'busyness'. This one hangs on my sister Tamara's lovely porch. ( Check her out at http://thegreenhousediaries.blogspot.com/)

Inspiration for next year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few weeks ago I posted about doing mental stretching exercises. Ever since that day, I've made myself stop and pause and reflect on what must be done or worried about. And what is just me being a Type A personality. It helps so much to get this thought into your head and exercise the actuality in your daily life. I've relaxed considerably since then.
Brenda

Carla said...

Good for you!

Tamara Jansen said...

I just checked my "To Do" List and I haven't knocked enough things off the list yet to be able to start ignoring it! But.....the toilets are in at the new office so that's a step in the right direction :)

CurtissAnn said...

Thank you for the reminder to take a break. I feel today is that day for me, just happened. Yes, the more I do, the more I keep on doing, faster and faster, like a whirling dervish, until I fall right over.

Jenny said...

I LOVE the flowers in this post and the above one. Gorgeous!

Time to stop and smell the roses. . . OR time to stop and smell the Rosas. LOL How many times have you heard *that*?

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey