Thursday, August 14, 2008

Have you ever wondered. . .

Have you ever wondered how they grow the potted garden mums?

You know, the ones you buy to give yourself a little colour through the fall, now that your hanging baskets and flowers pots are no longer looking their best?

Well. . .

Check out one of Tamara and Byron's Belgian mum fields.

It kind of boggles the mind doesn't it?

Tam! I can hardly see you over there!

That's better.

Hmmm. . . come to think of it, my pots are looking a little tired.

I do believe I need to run over to Costco to pick up a couple of Darvonda mums. (Small shameless plug!)

I hope they have some red ones. That deep colour looked amazing on my steps last fall.

I love gardening!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful is that! Mums as far as the eye can see. That's an amazing photo, Rosa. Potted and all! (How are you enjoying the new bathroom?)
Brenda

Rosa said...

Brenda,
The new bathroom is Great!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous! Now I need to find a Costcos! I wonder if they come this far south? The mums, not Costcos, lol.

Rosa said...

Jenny,
Pretty sure they don't get as far south as West Virginia.
If they did, you probably wouldn't be able to afford the anyway.
'Cost of gas from Vancouver to West Virginia?. . . Outrageous. . .'

Tamara Jansen said...

It does look quite mind boggling when you see it that way, doesn't it?! I'll be sure to talk to the West Virginia buyer at Costco and let her know that people are looking for mums out that way :)

Jenny said...

I'm actually in Virginia, so if you could scoot them to the right that would be awesome. Is it possible to mail them? How much do you think that would run?

Looks like Rosa's shameless plug worked, lol!

Nola said...

Amazing! Tell me, how do they keep the pots from tipping over when the wind blows?

momofcrt said...

wow that is amazing, do they move all the plants there from the greenhouse?

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

 
© A Life of Whimsey